Applications Technical Analyst- HRIS
The Applications Technical Analyst – HRIS is responsible for implementing and supporting multiple Oracle HRIS platforms including, JD Edwards Enterprise One payroll, Oracle HCM Cloud, Taleo Recruitment and aligning processes for both U.S. and Canadian companies in the Washington family group. The Applications Technical Analyst – HRIS must also be able to fully engage in the implementation and ultimate support of Oracle HCM Cloud applications while aligning business processes in HCM core, recruitment, onboarding, performance, benefits and learning management of that system.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Implementation and ultimate support of Oracle HCM Cloud applications.
- Bridges the gap between functional HR/payroll teams in a multitude of businesses and align activities to work with developers to help them design, test and support integrations to various ERP systems and outside benefit providers.
- Responsible for system configurations, understanding business requirements, facilitating user acceptance testing and creating support documentation.
- Establish and form relationships with business stakeholders and provide personalized, value-added service. Meet needs of clients by pursuing improved courses of action; delivers products and services that best serve client needs.
- Collaborate and work with other IT support groups including analytics, security, infrastructure and support teams.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships to resource specific develop needs.
- Proactively identify dependencies and issues between teams and work to resolve them.
- Communicate project progress, changes and risks.
- Deliver end user training, including both one-on-one and classroom settings.
- Travel to the US four to six times a year for one week at a time.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in complete life cycle of ERP and HR systems; experience in upgrades, conversions and integration projects.
- Experience working in all aspects of payroll and HR processes in a business including recruiting, onboarding, career development, learning management, compensation management and benefit management.
- Technical skills in JDE ERP Systems or similar suite of products: Financials, Human Capital Management or similar systems.
- Background working with diverse/multiple teams, new solutions and technologies, supporting multiple custom & 3rd party application interfaces.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies:
- Well organized task planner with the ability to scope projects in a highly detailed manner.
- Attention to detail, ensuring accuracy, clarity and quality of work reflecting an underlying drive to increase efficiency and track organizational measures.
- Execution skills: sets and conveys clear goals and assess progress; is accessible and supports other team members; obtains results and adds value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others.
- Collaboration and teamwork: commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; leverages others’ strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; cooperates with colleagues and shares resources.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Finance, Development and Business Operations.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders to influence desired outcome.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.