Business Location: Vancouver Shipyards, 50 Pemberton Avenue, North Vancouver
Vancouver Shipyards is looking for an experienced Program Director to provide leadership to the JSS 1 program. You will oversee all aspects of program management and provide leadership of an integrated project team to successfully realize the program goals and add the highest possible value to the organization. You will be responsible for managing program budgets, coordinating resources and analysing and reporting performance to senior managers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Initiates, sets and delivers program goals that realize business success.
- Develops and approves budgets and holds profit and loss accountability for the program.
- Leadership and motivation of a cross-discipline integrated project team comprising Shipyard staff and Design Agents, System Integrators, and equipment suppliers.
- Maintains strong and effective relationships with the Client and strategic suppliers.
- Responsible for the application of a suitable program management framework, ensuring that Gate Reviews are conducted at appropriate points during the program lifecycle.
- Direct management responsibility of staff assigned to support program delivery.
Education & Experience
- At least a Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering field.
- At least 8 years of managerial experience in the shipbuilding industry
- Detailed understanding of program management techniques and methods.
- Familiar with Government contracting and performance management of major subcontractors.
- Self-starter with excellent communications and organisational skills
- Technical knowledge and engineering skills including use of analysis tools and knowledge of analytical methods
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to develop solutions to complex technical problems
- Strong technical writing and interpersonal skills including the ability to produce and communicate clear, detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, listening and presentation
- Good organizational and conflict resolution skills
- Availability and willingness to travel if needed
- Committed to a high standard of safety and able to align with all safety laws and all of the employer's safety policies and rules
- Exercise good judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- PC proficiency required. Working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office 2010 software suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
Language requirements: English
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time
Salary Range: $150,000 - $220,000
Seaspan will provide you with a rewarding and challenging career building state-of-the-art ships, and an attractive remuneration package with pension contributions, bonus programs, extended medical benefits, dental care, vision care, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program, as well as free 24-7 access to the company fitness facility for all permanent employees.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.