Facilities Engineering Manager
The Facilities Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the development of technical scope, capital procurements, capital upgrades and engineering tasks across Vancouver Shipyard facilities. This position ensures that all project management, budget, quality, and schedule are aligned with the business to ensure successful outcomes and deliverables for Seaspan VSY. This position will provide leadership and direction to the engineering staff to ensure best practice is enacted with respect to department policy, deliverables, and outcomes.
Note: Due to business needs, this position is required to be fully on-site based at 50 Pemberton Avenue, North Vancouver.
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership and direction to the Facility Engineering group of engineers / project managers ensuring successful outcomes and deliverables that are the teams overall responsibilities
- Lead and manage the strategic long range capital planning initiatives for the company
- Lead planning for major facility projects including coordination of technical design, scope, budget, and schedule to meet business requirements
- Provide technical expertise across multiple engineering disciplines in support of all facility infrastructure and manufacturing equipment issues to ensure business continuity
- Maintain Plant and Infrastructure configuration to ensure continuity and compatibility with future investment or expansion
- Engage with key collaborators across the company to develop and manage mid- term capital plans.
What you’ll bring
- Degree in Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience (Civil or Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- PMP certificate is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of senior level experience in project management and delivery in heavy manufacturing or industrial operation.
- Experience within the Shipbuilding industry preferred
- Knowledge of system development lifecycle and project management best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and drive project progress.
- Proven track record to lead and empower in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), including presentation skills.
- Service orientation and the ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly languages
- Experience in problem-solving, change management, financial management, and risk management.
- Self-motivated, hands-on and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Why you’ll love working here
- This is a full-time, permanent position. With multiple operations and long-term projects, Seaspan employees enjoy job stability as we look ahead to build ships for decades to come.
- In addition to an annual bonus and pension plan matching, this role provides you a very competitive salary in line with the successful candidate’s experience.
- We also provide a best-in-class health and wellness benefits package for this position, including such things as full health care (e.g. unlimited physiotherapy), dental, vision, life insurance, medical leave coverage, maternity and parental leave coverage, childcare benefit partnership, wellness/fitness reimbursement for memberships or registration fees, and an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Free on-site gym
- Parking is included and to assist those that are using transit, we operate a complimentary shuttle bus Monday through Friday with various pick up and drop off points around North Vancouver.
Seaspan Shipyards: Seaspan Shipyards is one of North America’s most modern shipyards and unique in its ability to provide a complete range of services including new construction, conversion, refit, repair and life-cycle maintenance work for Canada’s Coast Guard and Navy as well as commercial vessels including cruise-ships and deep-sea vessels. Seaspan Shipyards operations include Vancouver Shipyards, Vancouver Drydock and Victoria Shipyards.
To learn more, visit our website: www.seaspan.com
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.