Director, Data and Digital Thread
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Technology Solutions, as the Director, Data and Digital Thread you will lead the creation of the digital thread linking product, planning and financial data throughout the ship construction and in-service support lifecycles. The Director Data and Digital Thread is accountable for defining, leading and communicating information and data strategies; developing plans and roadmaps and delivering enterprise data platform initiatives including data integrations between systems; and driving information governance, enterprise data architectures and master data management.
This opportunity is based at our North Vancouver Shipyards. In this role, you will collaborate and work closely with the wider-IT team while also being a key contributor in strategic projects across all Seaspan business units.
Note: Due to business needs, this position is required to be fully on-site based at 2 Pemberton Ave, North Vancouver, B.C.
What you’ll do
- Partner with product lifecycle management (PLM) specialists to design, build and extend the digital thread linking product data throughout the shipbuilding and support lifecycles.
- Lead the development of Seaspan Shipyards’ information architecture framework, including data models, taxonomies, inventories and catalogs.
- Articulate a data strategy, including priorities, roadmaps and plans to improve overall data management maturity and Seaspan Shipyards’ ability to leverage data for outstanding business outcomes.
- Develop and govern a master data management and data quality approach which ensures a simplified and trusted data environment.
- Build out a data platform and data integrations across key systems enabling cross-platform transaction processing, transparent data lineage and consolidated cross-domain analytics and reporting.
- Provide leadership to a community of data analysts across the business, supporting them in accessing and leveraging data in a secure, trusted manner to enable faster and better-informed decision making.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience in a senior/leadership enterprise data and information capacities and with related practice areas including data architecture, information management and governance.
- Experience in shipbuilding, EPC or Engineer To Order manufacturing industries.
- Advanced experience in enterprise data architecture creation and implementation of associated frameworks, methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Expert knowledge with practical experience employing and using industry recognized data management practices and frameworks, such as DAMA, CMMI/DMI, COBIT, or others.
- Excellent knowledge and delivery/implementation experience involving various Azure data services such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapsis, Azure SQL, PowerBI, and others.
- Practiced in Agile and DevOps delivery approaches.
- Expert knowledge of PLM concepts and associated product data models.
- Proven ability to influence leadership on key decisions with clear and concise strategies and recommendations derived from deep analysis.
Why you’ll love working here
- This is a full-time permanent position because we have long term projects that need long term strategic thinking support.
- In addition to an annual bonus and pension plan matching, this role provides you a very competitive salary in line with the successful candidate’s experience.
- We also provide a best-in-class health and wellness benefits package for this position, including such things as full health care (e.g. unlimited physiotherapy), dental, vision, life insurance, medical leave coverage, maternity and parental leave coverage, childcare benefit partnership, wellness/fitness reimbursement for memberships or registration fees, and an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
Seaspan Shipyards: Seaspan Shipyards is one of North America’s most modern shipyards and unique in its ability to provide a complete range of services including new construction, conversion, refit, repair and life-cycle maintenance work for Canada’s Coast Guard and Navy as well as commercial vessels including cruise-ships and deep-sea vessels. Seaspan Shipyards operations include Vancouver Shipyards, Vancouver Drydock and Victoria Shipyards.
To learn more, visit our website: www.seaspan.com
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.