Project Engineer II (Logistic Support Analysis)
The Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) Project Engineer develops all required analysis in support of the LSA functions related to LSA Planning and Execution in support of the vessel project manager.
Note: This position qualifies for an optional hybrid work schedule after 90 days of onsite work and onboarding. Employee will be subject to the terms of the Flexible Work Policy Agreement.
What you'll do
The LSA Specialist reporting to the LSA Manager, is responsible to develop and deliver tasks to supply the vessel internal customer, Project Manager. The LSA Specialist performs functions by partaking, delegating, and guiding the design, build, deliver and operations process of the products relevant to maintainability, reliability, testability and optimize life cycle costs through the definition of required resources to support the product. The LSA Specialist prepares analysis in the following:
- Reliability Maintainability and Availability
- Reliability – as ability to perform a specific function and may be given as design reliability or operational reliability.
- Availability – as ability to keep a functioning state in the given environment.
- Maintainability – as ability to be timely and easily maintained (including servicing, inspection and check, repair and / or modification).
- Configuration Management
- Establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Utilise the maintenance planning process for the development of the maintenance concept. As conducted to evolve and establish requirements and tasks to be accomplished for achieving, restoring, and maintaining the operational capability for the life of the system.
- Prepare forecast plans for component requirements and associated maintenance activities in accordance with utilization data.
- Develop staggering of major components to ensure a smooth activity plan.
- Conduct execution of the Maintenance Plan to facilitate maintenance of the following Equipment / Systems per Vessel:
- In Yard
- Test and Trials
- Vessel delivery
- Material Supply and Management
- Supply support encompassing all management actions, procedures, and techniques necessary to determine requirements for acquisition of support items and spare parts.
- Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation
- Resources and procedures to ensure that all equipment and support items are preserved, packaged, packed, marked, handled, transported, and stored properly for short and long-term requirements.
- Support and Test Equipment
- Analysis to identify support and test equipment including all equipment, mobile and fixed, required to perform the support functions.
- System Performance Measurement
- Implementing System Performance Measurement for trending analysis of maintenance activities. Develop and scope further action, complete with justification and communication.
- Review new Corrective Maintenance actions for completeness of data and accuracy of fault / cause code allocation and comprehensive identification of actions.
- Monitoring of aged Corrective Maintenance actions to closure, identifying and escalating actions / owners as required.
- Identify specific product related Maintenance Failures and escalate findings to the Product Group.
- Monitor key product Maintenance Failures on a quarterly basis and review against baseline data.
- Support communication activities internally and to customers, suppliers, relevant industry groups and others as required.
- Assist in the maintenance and revision of company processes and procedures relating to the functional areas of the business.
- Performing root cause analysis to identify what caused the failure. With cause of the failure determined, implement, and verify corrective, or preventive actions, to prevent future occurrences of the failure.
- Follow schedule and budget.
- Participate and chair meetings and forums as well as development and support required.
- Control and achieve quality for all deliveries and communication conducted.
- Review vendor documentation
What you'll bring
- An Engineering degree, or Equivalent Experience.
- Project Management Professional designation is desirable.
- Above average Microsoft Windows application experience, communications and interpersonal skills are required for this position.
- A minimum of 5-years of demonstrated practical experience LSA activities within the last 10-years in the marine industry.
- Knowledge of LSA Software is desirable.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
Why you'll love working here
- This is a full-time, permanent position. With multiple operations and long-term projects, Seaspan employees enjoy job stability as we look ahead to build ships for decades to come.
- In addition to an annual bonus and pension plan matching, this role provides you a very competitive salary in line with the successful candidate’s experience.
- We also provide a best-in-class health and wellness benefits package for this position, including such things as full health care (e.g. unlimited physiotherapy), dental, vision, life insurance, medical leave coverage, maternity and parental leave coverage, childcare benefit partnership, wellness/fitness reimbursement for memberships or registration fees, and an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
Seaspan Shipyards: Seaspan Shipyards is one of North America’s most modern shipyards and unique in its ability to provide a complete range of services including new construction, conversion, refit, repair and life-cycle maintenance work for Canada’s Coast Guard and Navy as well as commercial vessels including cruise-ships and deep-sea vessels. Seaspan Shipyards operations include Vancouver Shipyards, Vancouver Drydock and Victoria Shipyards.
To learn more, visit our website: www.seaspan.com
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.