Senior Business Analyst, HR Systems
Job Grade - 6
The Senior Business Analyst, Human Resources (HR) Systems works exclusively with HR system related projects and continuous improvement initiatives, which will vary in size, duration and complexity. In the near term, this will include playing a lead role in the design, implementation and sustainment of an Oracle Cloud HCM solution for capabilities including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Career Development, Performance & Compensation Management, Payroll and Succession Planning. Combining knowledge and expertise, and using a variety of facilitation and interview techniques, the Senior Business Analyst will lead business partners through the discovery, identification and documentation of business outcomes, process design, and business & functional requirements for new HR systems or functionality.
A service-oriented leader and an experienced communicator, the Senior Business Analyst has a strong bias for detail, team collaboration and implementing systems that ensure strong user adoption and business outcomes.
The Senior Business Analyst reports directly to the Manager, Business Technology Solutions. This position does not have any direct reports, but will play a lead and mentor role with HR & business Subject Matter Experts and Business Analysts.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Instrumental in initiating, developing and recommending HR process analysis and improvement initiatives requiring ground-breaking process redesign and sophisticated new process development.
- Facilitate the chartering of new initiatives by working with HR and business leaders to help them articulate their objectives and desired business outcomes, and to define scope.
- Facilitate workshops with HR, business and technical stakeholders to elicit, analyze, and document requirements for the purpose of supporting the implementation of improvement projects enabled through HR systems (e.g. new or reengineered processes, system upgrades, new system implementations, integrating existing systems).
- Work with HR, business collaborators, operations teams, technical SMEs, external vendors and leadership to ensure that the solution provided aligns with the HR & business requirements and objectives.
- Deliver fit for purpose solutions through coordination and management of user acceptance testing and requirements traceability to help manage scope and quality.
- Plan workstreams and manage small projects/teams.
- Perform process and gap analysis to ensure compatibility and interoperability of processes and systems.
- Manage relationships with team members to provide continued best practice support.
- Provide orientation and inputs into HR process and system training material.
- Perform continued evaluations of end user adoption and work with end users to find opportunities for business process improvements.
- Lead/champion BA disciplines within the organization.
- Mentor and/or lead other Business Analysts within the Business Technology Solutions team as and when required to share knowledge and best-practice guidance on BA methodologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 7-8 years related work experience (systems analyst, business analyst, design, application development and/or technical support) with demonstrable ability to lead a business team through a process and systems change.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing core HCM processes such as Talent Acquisition, Learning & Career Development, Performance & Compensation Management, Payroll and Succession Planning in an Oracle Cloud HCM solution.
- Experience in the marine industry or transportation logistics is an asset but not a must.
- Experience in a multi-stakeholder environment with stakeholders from different business units and departments.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Considered an inspiring leader & innovator in their field.
- As a natural and dedicated teammate, fosters a friendly, team-oriented workplace where employees work safely and productively together.
- An expert communicator with strength in collaboration and relationship building, maintains a healthy, open and trusting workplace, with integrity and accountability.
- With a passion for service excellence and business enablement, demonstrable ability to deliver on work products that provide measurable business benefit.
- A detailed understanding of how business works, and continually develops business acuity through learning and training.
- Demonstrable skills in the development of project charters, business, functional & technical requirements, current & target state process diagrams, gap analyses, user stories, use cases, traceability matrices, test scripts & plans, and project schedules. Formal methodology training in these areas is an asset.
- Demonstrable experience with Process Improvement including business process redesign.
- Proven knowledge and experience with Change Management and Project Management principles and methodologies.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.