Coordinator, Marine Services - 6 Month Limited Term
Job Grade - N/A
The Marine Services Coordinator (6 Month Limited Term) has broad responsibilities in providing a range of support from administrative tasks to research and advisory assistance in support of Marine Operations. In addition, this role provides back up support to Engineering Department.
Note: This is a unionized position with MoveUP, Local 378 of the Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union.
Note: Due to business needs, this position is required to be fully on-site based at 10 Pemberton, North Vancouver.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provides support to the Director, Marine Operations, Manager, Vessel Operations, Manager, Regulatory and Compliance and Manager, Port Captains, ensuring that their daily schedules and activities are coordinated in a seamless manner.
- Performs general administrative duties such as:
- Answering incoming phone calls
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail, couriers, faxes
- Drafting, preparing and distributing internal and external correspondence including letters, memos, manuals, presentations
- Implementing and maintaining efficient filing systems
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
- Preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes where required
- Arranging business breakfasts and lunches, making reservations and any organizing any special requests with the venue
- Making travel arrangements
- Other administrative support as required for the efficient functioning of the departments.
- Prepares expense reports and approves invoices for the Department. Prepares cheques or cheque requests as/when required.
- Maintains the inventory of offsite records at 3rd party provider. Ensures adherence to the records retention policy with respect to destruction of records.
- Orders and maintains inventory of offsite vessel towlines and life rafts.
- Coordinates Compass Adjuster, Radio Shop, Seaspan Dispatch and vessel crew for vessel compass adjustments.
- Supports and participates in annual vessel, office and departmental audits and budgets process by preparing required correspondence,
- Annually preparing and overseeing Port Captain’s Department budget, Training budgets, Vessel budgets for towing gear, towline and pennants, deck order supply, life rafts and survival suits.
- Updates and maintains NS5 certificate files in conjunction with the Admin Assistant to Engineering Department.
- Updates and maintains Marine Quality Management Non Conformity data base with the Regulatory and Compliance Department and Port Captain’s.
- Completion of Grade 12 education, plus courses relevant to executive administration.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Planning, organizational, negotiation and time management skills
- Interpersonal, communication and business writing skills.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook, internet functions (including the use of search engines to research information).
- Tact, diplomacy, maturity, and a high level of integrity.
- High level of ethics and integrity with a clear understanding and appreciation for confidentiality in all matters.
- Flexible nature with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve under tight time pressure.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgement.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.