Systems Analyst I
Job Grade - 3
The Systems Analyst I maintains operational excellence of Seaspan’s live business systems. Working closely with team members and directly supporting end users, the Systems Analyst responds to user needs while determining appropriate urgency and priority.
Note: This position qualifies for an optional hybrid work schedule after 90 days of onsite work and onboarding. Employee will be subject to the terms of the Flexible Work Policy Agreement.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Identifies trends or root cause behaviours for recurring application issues or integration errors. Works with various partners and vendors to resolve production issues.
- Provide end-user support and manages relationships through incident resolution.
- Performs administration functions such as security changes and batch uploads. Prioritizes requests and delivers system user training and process organizational change.
- Preforms preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software etc.
- Produces incident reports and troubleshooting knowledge articles.
- Provides emergency production support; liaising with end users, other IT teams and vendors to fix and provide solutions.
- For simple or out-of-the box system changes, works with users and vendors to clarify and document requirements using techniques such as interviews, site visits, process analysis, and proactively make solution recommendations.
- Liaises with various partners to coordinate project testing including development of test scripts, and compiling test completion metrics for test script execution.
- Participates in the rollout of process improvements; proactively identifies and makes suggestions for new improvements.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience (systems analysis, application development and support, operations support, service desk).
- Preference for experience in both on-premise and SaaS applications development
- Prior experience in any of the following - Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) projects, Computer Aided Design (CAD) projects, or In Service Support (ISS) in medium to large sized manufacturing industries.
- Engineering, Manufacturing, Marine or Shipbuilding industry would be considered an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Passion for service excellence and business enablement, as well as the demonstrable ability to deliver on work products that provide measurable business benefit.
- Understanding of how the business works, and continually develops discernment through learning and training.
- Understanding of troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.