Lead, Global Mobility
Job Grade - 6
Seaspan is in search of a skilled global mobility leader who has experience managing immigration, relocation, assignments and other related pivotal initiatives and projects. We are looking for someone who leads by example and can provide guidance and solutions to a variety of mobility related topics. Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition and Mobility the successful candidate will lead a team focused on providing proactive mobility support across a wide range of business areas here at Seaspan.
Note: This position qualifies for an optional hybrid work schedule after 90 days of onsite work and onboarding. Employee will be subject to the terms of the Flexible Work Policy Agreement.
What you’ll do
- Lead the overall processes and approach to all areas of mobility including immigration, relocation, tax and vendor management
- Provide support, mentorship and guidance to Seaspan Global Mobility Team
- Provide expertise and consultative skills in assisting the team with process improvements to streamline aspects of the relocation and immigration process
- Work with internal business partners and external vendors to manage short and long term assignment project plans and execution
- Act as a subject matter expert related to government policies pertaining to all areas of the mobility function
- Manage and maintain the policies, guidelines and processes relating to the domestic and international relocations
- Serve as a point of contact for employees, managers, HR, Legal, Finance, and Payroll for mobility (immigration / relocation / taxation) issues; identify when to raise issues and lead by providing solutions when required
- Full cycle management of vendor partners including RFP execution when needed and ongoing relationship management.
- Manage all Global Mobility policies and standard methodologies, communicating changes to all stakeholders when needed
- Other duties as they arise
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of seven or more years of relevant experience in global mobility, with 1+ years directly leading a small team
- CERC designation would be an asset
- Possesses a business partner attitude and influencing skills, coupled with a solid ability to work with various levels of stakeholders
- Experience managing short and long term assignment projects
- A solid understanding of cross border taxation & immigration matters
- High level of critical thinking and problem-solving in order to develop innovative solutions and strategies in response to a broad range of challenges
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with peers and the mobility community (internally and externally)
- A dedication to ensuring candidates receive a highly professional and well-regarded experience throughout their relocation process
- Experience developing and presenting reports and analytics to all levels of the business
- Superior attention to detail.
Why you’ll love working here
- This is a full-time permanent position because we have long term projects that need long term strategic thinking support.
- As the Manager of the function you will have the ability to leave your mark designing and implementing exciting policy and process improvements, while providing mentorship and guidance to your direct team.
- This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, providing the opportunity to work remotely 50% of the time.
- In addition to an annual bonus and pension plan, this role provides you a very competitive salary in line with your strong proven years of experience.
- We also provide an outstanding health and wellness benefits package for this position that includes such things as full health care (including unlimited physiotherapy), dental, vision, life insurance, medical leave coverage, maternity and parental leave coverage, wellness/fitness reimbursement for memberships or registration fees, free on-site gym and a free Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) through Homewood Health.
- And you’ll join an amazing Team, supporting each other’s success.
Seaspan ULC: Headquartered in North Vancouver, Seaspan ULC is an association of Canadian companies providing marine-related services to the Pacific Northwest. Our companies are primarily involved in coastal marine transportation, shipbuilding, ship repair, and ship docking/ship escort services through Seaspan Marine Transportation and Seaspan Shipyards.
- Seaspan Marine Transportation: Seaspan Marine Transportation is a prominent marine transportation company operating along the west coast of North America providing commercial ferry, ship-docking, tug-boat services, and bunkering services which transport various supplies to coastal communities in the Pacific Northwest.
- Seaspan Shipyards: A proven and trusted partner to both the government and the private sector, Seaspan Shipyards’ customers include the Royal Canadian Navy, the Canadian Coast Guard, the Royal New Zealand Navy, and some of the world’s largest cruise lines as well as other multi-national commercial customers. Seaspan Shipyards has been chosen to be one of Canada’s shipbuilders under the National Shipbuilding Strategy (“NSS"), a multi-decade ship building program to recapitalize Canada’s federal fleet. In this capacity, Seaspan Shipyards is building brand-new innovative ships in Canada for the Canadian Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy while creating jobs, generating economic benefits and rebuilding Canada’s shipbuilding and marine industries for current and future generations.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.