Manager, Total Rewards
Job Grade - 6
The Manager, Total Rewards is responsible for the development and implementation of total rewards programs and plans (compensation, benefits, pension, wellness and recognition). Develops the strategy for a total rewards program by assessing competitive trends in compensation and benefits and evaluates alternatives and costs. Develop and recommend benefits programs, salary policy lines, administrative procedures, and other programs for specific segments of the population.
Note: This position qualifies for an optional hybrid work schedule after 90 days of onsite work and onboarding. Employee will be subject to the terms of the Flexible Work Policy Agreement. #LI-HYBRID #LI-MT1
What you'll do
- Develops and manages total rewards strategies and programs (including compensation, benefits, pension, recognition and wellness) ensuring the needs of internal customers are met and guaranteeing adherence with legal requirements.
- Design and manage the annual compensation planning cycle; specify and communicate the review objectives, process, timing, criteria, and financial parameters; monitor and report on outcomes, initiating remedial actions where appropriate.
- Develop functional or operational policies and help develop policy frameworks. Responsible for creating underlying procedures and assessing their implementation.
- Leads, coaches, manages and develops the Total Rewards team to deliver on those strategies.
- Provides counsel to direct reports, Leaders, HR Business Partners and other HR colleagues regarding total rewards solutions and issues.
- Manage the delivery of executive compensation programs, providing effective support to the key collaborators and preparing board report.
- Ensure benefit programs are designed within consideration of needs, cost-efficiency, competitive positioning, emerging industry trends and innovations, governance and standard methodologies. Products and programs include (but not limited to) group insurance benefits for active employees and retirees, leaves of absence, vacation, wellness, EFAP and other employee benefit programs.
- Leads all aspects of the administration of all plans, proposes changes, ensures Regulatory compliance and ensures effective HRIS integration. Efficiently manages workflow and deadlines, makes policy and program recommendations, and recommends/initiates innovative approaches, policies and procedures to support continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with Talent Management, HR Business Partners, and Director Total Rewards to develop programs and initiatives to improve practices, processes and programs to enable attracting and retaining a hard-working, agile, diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Participate in the selection and oversees the performance of external consultants or advisors to deliver key projects and/or ad hoc services; ensure that strategic objectives and requirements are clearly understood and assess outcomes, taking appropriate remedial action where necessary.
- Stays on top of and determines compliance with legal requirements and analyzes, and recommends compliance actions for new and evolving legislation e.g. compensation, pensions, benefits etc.
What you'll bring
- University or post graduate degree in business management, finance, accounting, human resources or equivalent required.
- CCP or CEBS designation preferred.
- Must have a successful track record of leading the total rewards function
- 8-10 years of benefits and compensation related experience with a minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain, influence, listen, instruct, give clear feedback, and ask insightful questions
- Must have strong financial & analytical skills with the ability to translate technical analysis into presentations.
- Experience leading full-cycle policy and program development projects, from research and design to implementation and evaluation.
- Experience working cooperatively, effectively and efficiently with senior internal and external collaborators
- Experience drafting and reviewing briefing materials and other communications products
- Innovative thinking and problem solver.
- Leadership skills balanced with a hands-on role
- Ability to think strategically, and objectively and experience developing and implementing large scale projects and change initiatives
Why you'll love working here
- This is a full-time, permanent position. With multiple operations and long-term projects, Seaspan employees enjoy job stability as we look ahead to build ships for decades to come.
- This position qualifies for an optional hybrid work schedule.
- In addition to an annual bonus and pension plan matching, this role provides you a very competitive salary in line with the successful candidate’s experience.
- We also provide a best-in-class health and wellness benefits package for this position, including such things as full health care (e.g. unlimited physiotherapy), dental, vision, life insurance, medical leave coverage, maternity and parental leave coverage, childcare benefit partnership, wellness/fitness reimbursement for memberships or registration fees, and an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
Seaspan Shipyards: Seaspan Shipyards is one of North America’s most modern shipyards and unique in its ability to provide a complete range of services including new construction, conversion, refit, repair and life-cycle maintenance work for Canada’s Coast Guard and Navy as well as commercial vessels including cruise-ships and deep-sea vessels. Seaspan Shipyards operations include Vancouver Shipyards, Vancouver Drydock and Victoria Shipyards.
To learn more, visit our website: www.seaspan.com
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.