Canlan Ice Sports is currently looking for a Hockey Director
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Hockey Director/League Manager is responsible for the direction of specified hockey programs, 3 v 3 youth league, YHL League, our Adult Safe Hockey League and more generally to assist with the sales/marketing and execution, including on-ice instruction and coaching development of all programs as well as adult and youth leagues. Direct reports include League Convener(s), contract Referees and Time Keepers, hockey instructors and coaches for YHL. Key responsibilities include (and not limited to) customer service, scheduling, administration of the league, compiling the league stats, marketing and promotion of the league, and ordering of the necessary equipment/supplies for the leagues and building out the programs in DASH.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Reporting directly to the General Manager, responsibilities include:
- Creation of Hockey Programs and Learn to Play programs annual ice plan, maximizing all opportunities for program growth through learn to play programs, contract ice, schools, special events, learn to hockey camps, etc.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the hockey programs marketing action plan in partnership with the General Manager
- Provides leadership and management over the men’s rec league, in house program, to ensure facility goals are met. Including maximizing ice revenue potential through the creation of new or removal of non performing programs.
- Performance of job evaluations for the Hockey instructional staff as well as training for all new staff in department.
- Managing all accounting information pertaining to the hockey programs department, including monthly income statements, GL listings, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Responsible for reporting weekly to the General Manager on overall performance of the hockey programs department including revenue streams and identifying challenges relating to overall performance.
- Will be required to work a flexible schedule that includes days, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work with a team and be a member of the facilities management team, including MOD (Manager on Duty) responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Solid knowledge and experience in Hockey coaching including ability to teach and create lesson plans is required.
- Past coaching experience is required.
- Knowledge of hockey programs management is required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to manage people & time effectively
- Prioritize effectively & work well with Customers, Professional Coaches, Co-Workers & Management
- Creativity and innovation combined with excellent organizational skills
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Publisher)
- Strong marketing and customer service ability. Knowledge of marketing and previous sales experience an asset
- Graduation from a College in the Sports/Leisure Services Administration field, or Marketing/Business field
- 2 years successful experience in a Sports related business in a supervisory level position.
- Ability to work with a team and be a member of the facilities management team.
- Must have strong communication skills both written and orally (English)