A member of a multi-disciplinary branch providing integrated project management, engineering, design and construction services for nuclear and non-nuclear facilities, and R&D experiments at the CRL site. Under general direction from the Branch Manager, the employee will contribute to the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs of civil structures.
- Being assigned as a design job leader including job management and execution oversight.
- Providing job updates and status reports to management.
- Guiding the work of several professional engineers and technologists, coordinating schedules and assigning tasks to reach an overall objective within cost, quality and time requirements.
- Providing mentorship and technical oversight to junior staff.
- Design of new structures, retrofits and modifications to existing structural engineering systems.
- Design and analysis of custom designed elements for construction support such as below the hook lifting devices, fall arrest systems, shoring system, etc
- Performing load assessments on existing structures.
- Preparation of design documentation including concept reports, design requirements, designdescriptions, design manuals, design guides, technical specifications, and technical notes.
- Engineering support during the construction, installation and commissioning project phases.
- Acting as a customer liaison.
- Providing subject matter expert review and acceptance of designs prepared by outside agencies.
- Developing engineering specifications and standards facilitating a consistent design approach.
Bachelor (Honours) degree in civil engineering from a university of recognized standing with more than 4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated performance in providing engineering oversight to various sizes of jobs.
- Experienced in the technical procurement process, including supplier qualification reviews, bid evaluations, review and acceptance of technical deliverables and monitoring contractor performance vs. technical specifications.
- Demonstrated effective team leadership and team-building skills.
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in technical matters, to routinely solve technical problems and to make independent decisions.
- Info Here
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; previous experience making technical presentations to small and large audiences.
Job/Industry Specific Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering codes and standards used in the design, construction, and commissioning of nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSA N286/N285 quality standards.