As an individual contributor, executes complex and/or specialized technical work under general guidance such as:
- Preparing Digging Drilling Cutting & Coring documents for approval.
- Whenever they are exposed for inspection, surveying the true locations of utilities in the field.
- Updating utilities drawings with true locations and issue for use.
- Conducting building walk downs and comparing field configuration with existing drawings.
- Revising building drawings as required to match field conditions and issue for use.
- Investigating and working with others to implement technologies to store and retrieve geomantic information across existing and new platforms in use at CRL.
Work with site maintenance, projects and ERM to:
- Affirm configuration of physical plant by providing utilities locates before changes
- Record physical plant configuration changes by surveying during the change
- Update drawings and electronic records of physical plant following changes.
- Use internal process to maintain infrastructure configuration management (ECC, IWC etc.)
- Collaborate with staff in other departments to maintain geomantic databases which they use.
- Civil Engineering Technologist diploma from accredited College.
- Certified Engineering Technologist in the province of Ontario, or eligible to apply for CET.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience with operation of land surveying and CAD systems
- Previous experience with geomantic information storage and retrieval systems would be an asset.
Abilities and Skills
- Strong skills in operation and care of land surveying instruments.
- Strong skills in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) systems.
- Computer literate in general business software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job/Industry Specific Knowledge
- Ontario Land Surveyor licence is not required but experience working in an OLS office would be an asset