A member of a multi-disciplinary branch providing integrated project management, engineering, design and construction services for nuclear and non-nuclear facilities and R&D experiments at the CRL site. Under general direction from the Branch Manager, the employee will contribute to the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs of civil, building services, outdoor services, architectural, structural and/or HVAC design;
- Being assigned as a design job leader including job management and execution oversight;
- Providing assistance in resolving identified issues to prevent or mitigate loss of schedule and budget;
- Provide job updates and status reports to management;
- Guiding the work of several technologists, coordinating schedules and assigning tasks to reach an overall objective within cost, quality and time requirements;
- Providing mentorship and technical oversight to junior technologists;
- Checking the work of junior staff and providing guidance;
- Preparation of engineering drawings and related documents for civil, building services, outdoor services, architectural, structural and/or HVAC design;
- Preparation and revision to CADD drawings using AutoCAD, Revit and Civil3D;
- Revision to hand drawings;
- Conducting walk downs to support, troubleshoot and make revisions to civil, building services, outdoor services, architectural, structural and/or HVAC systems;
- Updating the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS) or the Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) documentation for equipment on Instrument, Valve or Equipment lists;
- Identifying and requesting additional resources required to complete assigned work on schedule;
- Provide support in the preparation of as-built drawings
- Effectively managing multiple tasks/assignments.
Graduation from a recognized institute of advanced technology, or equivalent formal education and has more than 6 years of relevant technological experience.
Secondary School graduation diploma or equivalent and has more than 10 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in experience, additional education and/or training.
Abilities and Skills
- Must possess a strong knowledge of design drafting technique and practice;
- Must be capable of producing neat, legible, and accurate drawings in reasonable time;
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication is required. The successful candidate must be fluent in English and able to follow and implement complex procedures;
- Initiative, motivation, and good people skills to work with peers as well as both internal and external customers in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels of the organization.
Job/Industry Specific Knowledge
- Working with minimal supervision;
- Solving and/or providing recommendations for technical issues;
- Interpreting marked up drawings.